This insurance covers the property damage and the business interruption that result from an equipment breakdown. The types of failures leading to a breakdown include electronic breakdown caused by electric arcing, power surges, mechanical breakdown and the explosion of boilers and pressure vessels.
The types of equipment insured include:
- Air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Electrical equipment such as panels, cables, and transformers
- Electronic equipment, such as computers, printers, servers and telephones
- Production machinery, such as printing machines, hydraulic presses and packing machines
- Mechanical equipment, such as elevators, escalators, generators and ventilation systems
- Pressure vessels including boilers and hot water tanks